1. Most animals have little connection with ________ animals of ________ different kind unless they kill them for food.
A. the; a B. 不填; a C. the; the D. 不填; the
2. Jumping out of ________ airplane at ten thousand feet is quite ________ exciting experience.
A. 不填, the B. 不填, an C. an, an D. the, the
3. The sign reads “In case of ________ fire, break the glass and press ________ red button. ” A. / ; a B. / ; the C. the; the D. a; a
4. On ________ news today, there were ________ reports of heavy snow in that area.
A. the; the B. the; 不填C. 不填;不填 D. 不填;the
5. ─What are you reading, Jane?
─Some books on ________ education, I’m now interested in ________ education of young people. A. an; the B. /; the C. the; an D. an;/
6. —You were out when I dropped in at your house yesterday.
—Oh, I________ for a friend from Beijing at the railway station.
A. was waiting B. had waited C. am waiting D. have waited
7. —Little Jim has been eating sweets all day.
—It’s no ________ he is not hungry
A. matter B. doubt C. problem D. wonder
8. Comrade Wang ________ be in Shanghai—I saw him in the company only a few minutes ago. A. mustn’t B. can’t C. may not D. isn’t able to
9. It was not until I got home ________ I found my wallet missing.
A. that B. when C. where D. which
10. The number of the people present at the concert ________ much smaller than expected. There ________ many tickets left.
A. was; was B. were; was C. were; were D. was; were
11. ________ you stepped into the lab with your shoes on? You’re supposed to take them off before you enter it. I told you so!
A. How come B. How dare C. How about D. How long
12. They made no effort to hide their amusement ________ I produced a packet of sweets from my pocket. A. however B. whatever C. whichever D. whenever
13. ________ her work has been good, but this essay is dreadful
A. In a word B. In general C. In particular D. In tota